Tabs/Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Penne Pasta (Brown Sugar Cookies)

We've had a string of autumn like mornings and days and hey, its butternut squash season so I'm going to take full advantage with this Butternut Squash and goat cheese Penne Pasta.  This is one veggie I don't prepare unless it's in season and it is one of my favorites!  (I'm sure we will get to soups at some point again and I'll share a butternut squash and blue crab soup recipe ) 

A neighbor has a mother load of butternut squash and this is a recipe, note to self, that I have gotta share with her too!  And it is so easy too!  The oven does all the work plus a pot of boiling pasta water - what's easier than that?!?!

Lizzie and I played with a neighbor and her little girl the entire time dinner was cooking!  The leaves have started falling and the smell outside is earthy and wonderful.....sort of like the smell inside the house after this squash finished roasting!  Now, my husband isn't a fan of goat cheese and although I thought this number would change that, (yes, i've turned into my very persistant Great Aunt Bertha minus the Czechoslovakian accent), but to my disappointmnet he resists conversion.  If you have a palate like his, and believe you me, I wince at the mere suggestion of [gasp] substituting for goat cheese, neufchatel or mascarpone would substitute quite nicely.


After dinner we did have some of the last of the Brown Sugar with Maple icing cookies thanks to the Cheeky Kitchen.  I made them this past weekend and they were so yummy and perfect with a hot cup of spiced cider or tea.  They were extra crunchy, actually on the hard side, so resting the cookie atop of a steaming mug made them oh so perfect - I think this cookie is the quintessential tea cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment